Monday, January 6, 2014

I Love the Lord's Work

Lifes really Good how could it not be? I have so much joy when I am sharing the gospel. Things are tough but that doesn´t mean I am not having sucess. Yesterday night I felt so much peace thinking about my life and the people in it, each one of you. I am so excited to be apart of the church at this time when their is so much excitement and growth.

Christmas was the bomb and I received an amazing Christmas package today and I was about to cry over toothpaste in a happy way because I was about to buy some toothpaste at the store today. My companera begrudged me a little but we bought peanut butter and I made a sandwich and was in heaven. I have very much engulfed myself in the culture here. I eat a lot of chicken and am quite sure I want to try and be a vegetarian when I get back (DAD)

I have felt a lot better this week and am quite lucky in other ways. The Lord is blessing me in ways I do not understand. I am grateful for my blessings and trials. I still am not very good in the lessons but everyone seems impressed with my Spanish. I think its crap but who am I to judge. I can understand a lot of what people are saying now enough to jump in whenever during the lessons.

I keep thinking of how my mission is going to change my life when I get home and honestly I NEVER want to stop being a missionary and I don´t have to because the prophet has called each one of us to be missionaries. I know that the Lord wants us to be like Him and the only way we can do that is by having faith and overcoming our weaknesses one day at a time. I take great comfort from reading the words of modern day prophets.

My companera Hna. Cebreros speaks very good English the trouble is she can't understand it. I have a goal to speak English with her when I can even though I don´t want to.We are warming up to each other and she speaks English and I respond in Spanish.

The work is tough but we are teaching and working harder than ever. Our President is an Angel and is so inspired. He has prayed about our area and said that the Lord has prepared many for us to teach and all we have to do is trust Him. I have seen many miracles this week and also dealt with many members with troubling concerns with their faith.

I want everyone to know that my mission has a blog (there is a link to it under her address on this blog) and I am actually on it with a couple pictures. w and there is a lot to be done. Hold on to your faith, Trust God, develop an attitude of meekness and humility and you can find hapiness in every situation.I am happiest when I am trying to be like Jesus. I know this is the purpose in life. I love you all mucho pray for the missionaries and pray for the oportunity to share the gospel it will be such a blessing for you. Stay strong!
-Hermana Mleynek



No comments:

Post a Comment