Saturday, March 22, 2014

I'm Afraid to Rest

I am not sure why it is always so difficult for me to write. Well I´m having a fabulous day even though I secretly dread preperation day. Why you may ask? The reason is that I´m afraid to rest because I think I will become acustomed to it and it will be dificult to get back to work...but actually today was awesome, productive and relaxing AND I´m ready to get back to work. Or in the propios palabras de BobasSpongas "Estoy Listo, Estoy Listo!" :)

So we have been a lot more organized this week. Last week I was on my knees a lot trying because the deepest desire of my heart was to strengthen and help our ward and I was feeling super stressed. Monday we met with the nephew of one of our old investigators and he has a lot of sincere desire and I honestly believe it´s his time so we have been in contact and trying to meet with Daniel. We also had a Noche de Hogar planned for a family we met in the street and taught on one other ocasion. When we got there he was about the walk out the door and said He was so sorry he didn´t have our number to tell us but he had to go to the Dentist. We tried finding about 4 other people and then on our way home we saw him again and he started talking to us about the Dentist. Anyway...I´m not sure how it happened but aparently I told him that he could kiss me. He just looked at my companion and said you should probably tell her what she said. My companion told me and I was mortafied. But luckly he knew I had no idea and just was like hasta luego. AWWW!

We have been meeting with Ary and she is so precious and ready for baptism. We taught her the first lessons and she is reading the whole Book of Mormon with her family and mother. We contacted a crazy lady and looked for one investigator every stinkin day for 2 weeks. He is hiding from us we are pretty sure. Lucky for him we are very diligent missionaries. Margaritas life continues to be drama drama drama. This week it´s about her father in law and her neighbors mother in law and possible a dog or clown...just kidding about the last part. Sorry if I sound exasperated. Miracles happen! The husband of a MA we just stopped by and he was there and he just tells us all about how much he loves the spirit of the church and is sad he can never go and only has 4 more years of his work schedules Sundays and then he wants to join the church. Were going to work with Him and have an appointment later today. I always thought he wanted nothing to do with the church. The ward council was shocked by this news too. Another husband of a less active member invited us to eat at his restaurant tomorrow too so we are hoping he is interested too.

Work continues to be the spiritual death of Mexico. Wow that´s a dramatic statment...We also had a weird lesson with the friend of a young man in our ward who helps us a lot. But we both had a funny feeling after and no one could concentrate in the lesson so...not sure about that. We have contacted more people and hope that things will start picking up.

I´m so grateful for the spiritual leaders in the mission that work so hard. I know this is the Lord's work and I just need to be receptive to the spirit to guide us to who is ready and what they need to hear. Weakness and humility are a powerful tool the Lord uses to bring about His works and miracles in other lives.

Today we went to the Mall it was bizarre I had subway and the Chesse Ruffles were spicy my companion told me no, because the Ruffles were just Cheese flavor but I testify to you all that Mexicans add spice to everything....everything and I know that those Ruffles had chile or something...I liked it I´m not complaining I just want you to know. Also my whole district took a taxi to the mall there are 7 of us my companion is sending me to picture and I´ll fwd it to yall :) and we got a reference out of it the taxista Javier was very nice and turns out his dad was a member but died many years ago. Small world :) no such things as coincidences. Love you all.
-Hermana Mleynek


No comments:

Post a Comment