Monday, January 5, 2015

Mexico is Awesome

Dear peoples Mexico is awesome!

Feliz día de los Reyes Magos! Today and tomorrow is a holiday that is super awesome it’s like second Christmas and here in my area there is going to be a parade. The kids send letters in balloons to the three wise men who tomorrow will bring them toys tonight or tomorrow I don’t know when. There is also this special bread that looks like a race track with lots of weird candy and inside the bread is a hidden plastic baby and if you get the piece with this in it the next day you have to bring tamales for everyone to eat. I don’t understand all of this holiday and maybe you think I am making it up because it sounds ridiculous but so does Santa Clause when you think about it. I am super happy this day because I found out I am not going to be transferred I really love this ward and my companion and she doesn’t have transfers either! I know we can learn and grow with another a little longer. The only one who has transfers is our district leader. He’s kind of a weirdo but he only has one transfer left of his mission! It is super cold today. Icy even. I feel like our area has a lot of potential we find new people interested in listening every day. I love teaching and contacting and my mission with all my heart. I want to help others come unto Christ. I invite all of you to memorize and ponder the missionary purpose in Preach my Gospel. It’s your purpose we are a chosen generation.

Your Purpose
Invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end.

I feel very pressured right now to find, to teach and to baptize I am 100% focused and optimistic. I love serving. In sacrament meeting there were a lot of new faces a lot of people who lived far away couldn't come to church for lack of transportation but now with the time changed to 10 am they are coming to their ward. I hope we can get to know them and find the time to visit them seeing as there pretty far away and we might get lost in Nextlalpan. In my studies I have been focusing in how to teach like Christ and Preach my gospel has some great ideas I have also completed the Christ like attribute activity and I am making goals and plans to be better. I know we all are. We have found and talked to loads of people this week my companion and I had a good cry session because we were starting to feel down because many people that week had rejected us and we got up and made some inspired goals. I know if we put the Lords will first 1. we will be happier 2. we will be happier and 3. feliz :) goals and plans are a reflection of our faith and hope and obedience is how we show our faith and receive the blessings. I testify that these things are true and am going to put them more into practice in my mission and in my life. Happy new year!!

P.S. I received a lot of great letters this past week and didn't have time to respond. I’m sorry and I love you all!!! With all my liver. Special thanks to my dad, my Aunt Tiff and my mama G for always keeping me updated and sending letters. I’m super proud of all of my family and friends. I know we all have a mission in this life.
Love,
Hermana Mleynek



No comments:

Post a Comment