Monday, January 19, 2015

This Week

This week started out great. I was super excited to work, work and work. Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and even Wednesday almost everyone rejected us, we were talking to a lot of people and nobody wanted to listen. Tuesday we fasted and prayed and tried harder to have the spirit with us, I felt very inspired by our President’s letter that talked about the something called in spanished inciativa propia which basically means that we all have the responsibility and privilege of preaching the gospel to every corner of the earth among all people and tongues. I started to contact with more amour and with the desire to help them and we contacted and they listed, we prayed for them and talked with them about the gospel and they accepted us. I am not perfect but I know the Lord is helping us find and help his children. If we its not where or in what way we serve but in what way. We should serve with our heart. I feel my love increasing for my Father in Heaven and for His children as I serve with my own will. These are the last days and we are working in His vineyard and the last hour He will call more servants. The members and missionaries need to work together to build the Kingdom of God on the earth. May I suggest that we: 1. fast and pray often paying our tithes and fast offerings; 2. Sincerely look for and create missionary experiences and invite others to learn about the restored gospel daily; 3. do our family history work.

 Alma 13:24 “For behold, angels are declaring it unto many at this time in our land; and this is for the purpose of preparing the hearts of the children of men to receive his word at the time of his coming in his glory.” I always have loved this scripture in the Book of Mormon because I truly believe that a key factor and enormous help to the work in converting the children of God is baptizing their own ancestors into the church who will preach the gospel and influence their family here on earth. These angels are working hard and so should we.

What else has happened my companion and I are doing lots of exercise to relieve some of our stress and it’s actually helping, because it’s so cold in our apartment at 6:30 in the morning I was getting a little bit lazy with my exercise but now I must testify that the missionary schedule is inspired and that 30 minutes of good exercise is a very good thing. Our ward mission leader invited us to use his boxing mitts and hit the heavy sack thingy so that’s what we’re going to do next Monday :) I'm super excited!

This week was hard working with members every time a member accompanied us we couldn’t find anyone to teach :( but finally Saturday it all paid off we saw a man painting his car and we decided to talk to Him He really like the pray and what we taught and He and his wife went to church and they were happy and also another man we contacted in the street accepted a baptism date and he went to church too! We are going to keep working hard so hopefully these wonderful people continue learning and progressing!! I love missionary work it really is a joy hard to explain. Sunday the chapel was full and everyone content.

Funny stories: I rang a door bell and it shocked me and so I told my companion and the other member that was accompanying us to touch hands and we all got shocked hehe just a tiny tiny bit.

#2 We were contacting a reference and they weren't home but there dog kept coming out and looking at us and then he went to the back and my companion started creating a dialog of the dog and was saying super funny stuff I was laughing super hard.

#3 A new convert David asked us if we go to the gym and I said no we have the gym in the house its call blanket on the floor and everyone was laughing super hard

#4 We came to the house of an investigator that wasn't progressing to tell him frankly that we are not going to visit Him again and before we could say anything to him like he read our mind he said "sisters patience please I want to be baptized but I just need a little more time please." and it was very hard so we told him we will wait a little longer Grr.. well that wasn’t so funny but my companion and I left like "what happened?"

N- the email for aunt Shelley I have, isn't right :(

Well that’s all for now. I love you. Thanks a million to the smith family from my ward for the lovely package of very useful things and goodies. Thanks mom and mom Legler you’re wonderfully thoughtful and beautiful Christmas packages also arrived. I feel so happy and have shared the goodies with everyone. haha they think I’m fresa. Which means rich or prissy because I was giving our Hersheys and peanut butter cups those treats are expensive here. Haha. But I have seriously enjoyed them! I love you all thanks for listening to this very long letter. Keep on being strong. I know that there is a reason for everything and that there is peace and understanding in the gospel. I don’t know where or who I would be without the guidance and love of my Heavenly Father and daily prayer. Pray always.

Love,
Hermana Mleynek


No comments:

Post a Comment