Monday, February 9, 2015

Hasta Luego Babies

Dear family and friends.
1. Thank you Berky girls for your lovely letters
2. Thank you Aunt Gena for your package I love the blanket it’s adorable and am looking for a home for the tree.
3. Thank you to my own family Dad, Micah, and my sisters and brothers  in-law. I received my Christmas package its super cool because I got a homemade scarf and Jones soda and I was dancing around the apartment.
4. Thank you for your prayers

I am so blessed to have so many kind and thoughtful family and friends and I am so grateful for all your efforts. This missionary is super loved.

This week was super interesting. We were able to teach a lot more. Whether we find a lot of people or not is according to our faith and diligence. In our zone conference with President we talked about the small and simple things that make the difference for a lot of good or a lot of bad. I know that like the family of Lehi if we give heed with faith and diligence the Lord guides us. He is always raining down His blessing upon us but we have an umbrella that blocks us from receiving the blessings. People in the world have a whole lot of problems but I know that if they could know what I know and see what I see that we would rejoice together. I have loved my studies of the Book of Mormon the prophets and missionaries like Alma and the sons of Mosiah and how the Lord works through small and simple things to bring to pass a change in us. I know that everything we go through is for a reason and the Lord never stops loving us, never. I know the Book of Mormon is true and that this is the only true church. I know it through prayer. God speaks to us, He cares, there is a reason to all of it. Maybe some people thinks it’s crazy but my personal testimony has helped me so much to remain calm and firm. Every day we have the opportunity to either 1. make a covenant 2. keep a covenant or 3. prepare to make a future covenant. I know God lives and loves me. I Love Him with all that I am. Well more about what happened this week.

We have found lots of people who say si! and then they don’t show up for church.

We contacted a reference of a crazy psychologist atheist who wanted my companion to be his girlfriend.

I got assigned to give a talk in church and they told me at 930 pm Saturday so I had one hour to write it. It turned out good, it was actually pretty cool because I had studied a talk in general conference 3 days earlier about the subject and had written a mini talk earlier. The spirit whispered to me, you’re going to give a talk.

Today we did a lot of laundry and slept for an hour and I got my hair cut. I remember when grandpa Richards used to say after we told him "I cut my hair" " wow it looks very good I don’t know how you cut it all by yourself and you look so cute". So when someone asked me if I cut my hair I told them that I didn't do it someone else did and they were like "huh?...oh yeah" I wanted to grow it out but I give up as always. It just doesn't grow long. So now it’s short again.

My companion is getting very advanced in English and she is so funny!

Luis our investigator has disappeared we are all super worried.

I love chocolate!!!!

I love you all! I hope you are well. "Cuidense y hasta luego babies" -Hna. Peñaloza mi compañera. hehe. Stay strong the best is yet to come

Hermana Mleynek

No comments:

Post a Comment