Monday, May 5, 2014

Lessons Learned

I am feeling pretty swell about our area. We have two baptisms coming up and we are working hard to change the world. I feel so much happiness to see people understand the message we bring. I know that we are not here to convince anyone we are simple here to invite others to come unto Christ and change their lives for the better and forever. When I have this in my mind I find it much easier to share what I know and the feel confident. Maybe not everyone understands but there are choice children of God prepared to receive this message. I've had challenges and I have had success in the mission, my testimony grows every day. I know there is no other way to become more like our savior without suffering so I do what I do with a smile on my face and in my heart. I have been thinking  a lot about some of the lessons learned as a child and I realize how much they have helped me to grow as a person and also help others progress in life. I’d like to share two:

1. I’d be happy to Mom
2. Shelby No one can make you do anything

The first lesson has helped me very much in the mission because to be a disciple and representative of Christ we don’t just need to be obedient we need to have true motivation. When I do something for you out of obligation it doesn’t profit me but when I do something because I love the person I can find true happiness. Jesus Christ suffered, taught, gave freely all that he had: his time, his heart, his blood. Our Heavenly Father asks us to be obedient and we need to be so because we love Him. I love Him.

2. Many make the mistake of waiting all their lives to be happy. I know that happiness is a choice. I know that if I choose to be happy right now and always, I will always be happy. But if in my mind and heart I am always waiting for something...happiness will never come. There will always be trials. In the mission I am learning to give all of my heart, might, mind and strength. I am a missionary I know it. I live it. I love it.

Happy Mother’s Day to all the mothers out there. The world would perish without your moral courage and authority. I am grateful to many noble and great women in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment