Thursday, June 19, 2014

New Area

Well everyone, I am having a fantastic and very tiring week. There is always something to learn in the mission and I’m excited to do all I can to have success and do the work in my new area: Villas de Pachuca. This stake is the best for sure we have two other Elders that work with us in the same area. Our district is amazing I love it! My companions are great. Sister Nuñez is from Argentina and she’s a punk rock star who is so excited to have 2 American companions to teach her English. She loves to work hard but I think what I will have to teach her is to suck it up because she gets "sick" every day. I’m so cruel when it comes to illnesses because that’s what my trainer sister Cebreros taught me. it doesn't matter if you can’t eat, you can’t walk and you have diarrhea and can’t understand anyone or say anything we are going to go to work. So were working on that ;) I have yet to take a sick day for myself but every one of my companions has had to take a couple hours or so. She’s amazing at contacting and teaching with great power and love. I am so excited to know her and see where she goes in life. Sister Gererro is amazing bubbly prom queen. Seriously she showed me some photos but turns out we have a lot in common. She has a lot of excitement to learn. I’m the senior companion in this trio and my companions call me their cool aunt because I’m the one with experience and they love me because I make their beds and breakfast. But seriously we are the Power Puff Missionaries.

I love my ward and we are going to work miracles here. I feel it in my bones. I have so much to learn and I couldn't be more excited and optimistic to do it. I love Mexico and my Family.

I hope you all had a wonderful Father’s Day and didn't forget to say a special prayer for our Father in Heaven as well. Thank you for your prayers they get me through.

Oh update so Oscar is 10 years old and he is reading the Book of Mormon and wants to be baptized. He has good support in His home because his family had hard times but the church and following the commandments and listening to the missionaries helped their family a ton so his older sister, mom and grandma are members. They have a cute little boy who had a bad accident and they have had to operate a bunch of times on his brain but he is seriously adorable. He gave me an egg from their fridge. haha. Well, we are praying for Marta to get baptized she thinks she’s a member but hasn't been baptized. Susana is an amazing investigator who is super ready but she just has to go to church a couple times. This week we talked to loads of people and got to know the ward and area. We found two new investigators on our own and 2 others from references. I am practically fluent. mas o menos.(more or less) Sorry I can’t spell.

The most amazing thing about this week was getting to know my companions teaching by the spirit and our ward council. The ward council from our ward is the Bomb.com!! They are so awesome and we focus together to help build the missionary work. The bishop takes us to pick up our investigators. I am super happy and feel like my district is my family. And Sis. Shuckle from the CCM is a sister training leader and I love her!!! Wow I am so happy to get to know so many amazing hermanas. I know I am going to for sure visit Sis. Gererro because she is from Sacramento, California and it’s not too far. I don’t know if I will be able to visit Argentina. :( but there is always Facebook later.

Well I can’t think of much more well except that our house leaks gas and one night it was leaking a lot and we were afraid we were going to die so the we called our Elders and they told us to climb on the roof and shut off all the valves including our water. That was fun. The elders were telling sis. Nuñez what to do and she was explaining to me in Spanish I was looking up words so I could explain to Sis. Gerrero in English because she was the one on the roof. But we got it all figured it out.
I love you all thank you for the letters. I was just wondering if you could send me my other clothes I have for the summer time. I have practically all sweaters and thick dark skirts.  I’m dying a bit.
Love,
Hermana Mleynek

New Companions



No comments:

Post a Comment