Monday, November 10, 2014

Just Passed the Year Mark

Don’t go towards the light!!! Just kidding. How are you all doing?!

I feel healthy, happy, energetic and positive about life. I am learning to deal with and confront problems and stress. As our manual for adapting to missionary life says, I’m in the green zone. I am working hard and just trying to do the will of the Lord in every moment. I know He has a plan. The mission is hard stuff but I feel really good about what I am doing. The spirit confirms to us when we do our best and when we don’t. If you are having troubles dealing with a problem try visualizing success and telling yourself you are willing and happy to try because if you don’t try true you won’t fail but you also are guaranteed not to win either. Thanks dad for teaching me to respond "I’d be happy to" whenever you wanted me to do something, at first it was against my will but afterwards I felt happy about it :) that’s sort of like the mission. Of course I am here because I want to be but sometimes there are things that one doesn't feel like doing but we got to do it, and it’s much better if we are happy about it.  I hope you all had a wonderful Halloween. Wow I can believe how fast the time passes. I miss you all tons but not in a home sick way just in a glowing happy way because I know I’ll see you soon. My greatest desire is to see our area progress and to have people begin to change their lives and be converted to the gospel. I don’t know how I can explain it better to people that The Gospel is True, I am not even trying to change their religion I just want them to understand the basics.
"No I won’t go to your church or read your bible. I’m part of another religion"

"That’s great that you’re from that religion, God wants us to have faith in Him and live a righteous life, so will you pray, read your bible and go to your church?"

"No I don’t have time for that!"

This week my companion and I visited Dennisse 5 times practically every day and we really tried to help her family get activated but they are super stubborn and so we believe for now there isn't a date for her baptism; because she didn't come to church again :( were super sad, but we did our part and if it’s not time, it’s not time. We were very close of completing the standard for the mission but our zone leaders told us we received the most references and contacted the most and had the most new investigators than anyone else in our zone which I felt good about. We are trying super hard and things are happening. This week we brought a new niña girl to church her name is Keyla but her family is also inactive so well see. Be good and stay safe eat lots of pie for me.

Love,
Hermana Mleynek

No comments:

Post a Comment