Sunday, April 6, 2014

New Area and Companion

Hola People of Earth,
Just want to update you all about my week. So the day before transfers I was totally packed and feeling calm, scary calm....like the calm before a storm. Yeah and everyone kept asking me how I felt and I was just like Uh...good. As always the Lord directs His work and we are all just instruments in His hands. There is a joy in fulfilling your calling to the Lord that I can not describe.

So I'm a mom...I hate that they call it that, but it mean s I'm training. My companions name is Hermana Suazo. She is a super cool gal from Honduras. You don't pronounce the H in espaƱol. I felt super good our first few days. We were not too lost. Our area is pretty big but we're figuring it out. I think one of the reasons for sure we are together is she is super good with directions. I have to kind of fight her in the morning to get up but little by little I think we're learning to love each other. We're awesome in the lessons. But we are having a real difficult time finding people to teach.

Our ward is Real de Minas. It's a fantastic ward. There are 300 members but only 70 or so attend but the active members are Great! We have been looking for absolutely anyone to talk to and have had great opportunities to contact in the streets etc.

I feel the Love of the Savior very strong and know we all have a purpose on this earth and the example of our older brother Jesus Christ means so much to me. Life wasn't easy or without suffering for Him and it isn't for us. I think I'm beginning to understand my crazy dad :) Pain really is my friend. Without it I'd be dead physically and spiritually. Trials are an expression of love because it gives us an opportunity to see different blessing the Lord has given us. My eyes have been opened and the truth has set me free. This sounds so stoic but these words are true and I know they are true. I know the church is true and that God loves us and has given us a way to return to Him. What does the gospel of Jesus Christ really mean? Salvation isn't easy but it's not complicated either. A word in the scriptures that always sticks out to me is Remember. It's so true we always forget that God has a perfect play for His imperfect children and He wants to help us every step of the way if we can just remember: Repentance, Baptism, Receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost and enduring to the End. Wow that was hard to write in English. I couldn't think of some of the words.

One other thing I feel impressed to share is that when we are in the service of others we are only in the service of our God. Jesus Christ commanded us to love us others as he has Loved us. How on Earth can I love anyone to the capacity Jesus Christ has loved me. Well we can start with service and pray for the gift to love others and fulfill this commandment. I love you all and hope that my service here will somehow bless your life. Lots of Love and missionary hugs,

Hermana Mleynek

P.S. I dropped my camera and it dies well...it doesn't work right now but I'm going to try and dissect it.
P.S.S Haha my companion can´t handle any chili and it makes me look more Mexican :) but she doesn't speak English. Esta bien. She is 19 years old and likes chick flicks. She is good with directions and studied Technical Market or something like that...

Hermana Suazo

No comments:

Post a Comment